Lead yourself into the future day! AKA year 6 conference.

Recently, my school’s two campuses came together as one big group of students and staff, for a year 6 conference with lots of fun (but difficult) activities that required collaboration, cooperation, and our core PLA, connectedness. In between a few of the activities, we got to have our usual breaks and time to play, but the other students from the other campus got to play with us, too, and i actually have a friend there as well, so I got to play with another friend at that break time. The activities we did were: building the tallest tower we could with only newspaper, and masking tape, without it falling down at the end of the ten minutes of making it. Another activity we did was making the tallest tower made out of cups, using 4 cups, string, scissors, and rubber bands. The rules where, none of your body parts(including clothes could touch the cups, and the scissors couldn’t touch them either. And the last one we did was a planking competition, where the majority of your group had to be planking at one time, while the rest of the group was subbed off. If the majority of the group was subbed, then you are out. 

My favourite one that we did, was the cup tower game, so that is the one I’ll be telling you about. 

We had a few different ideas. This is what they are: first the kids from the other campus had an idea to make a sort of mechanism where 4 pieces of string were attached to a rubber band when four people pulled out, they would grab the cup and keep stacking, but unfortunately, those four people wouldn’t release at the same time, so we had to try something else. That’s where my idea came in. I related my idea back to the previous/first idea, and just used my index and middle finger on both hands to stretch out the rubber band and grabbed the cups using that same base idea, but adapted it so that one person could do it. Then, I think we got lazy or something, because everyone ditched that idea, and just put he rubber bands around the cup and held it by the band, not technically touching the cup with their hand. 

Overall the lead yourself into the future day was really fun, and I can’t wait until the next one in term 2!