Carey shortlist voting

This term, we have been reading some of the shortlisted books for this year and giving them a rating out of 10 for their pictures, their given information and their layout. The books we voted for were: M.C Escher for kids, Sorry day, Bouncing back, Happiness box, Our birds and Waves. All these books are non-fiction, hence why I said ‘rating them on their given information.’

My favourite shortlist book was the M.C Escher for kids, because it gives a lot of information, it has drawings and it is really interesting, because it has everything that I’m looking for in a good information book.

What I think makes a good information book is: that it gives its information in a clear structure, and that it makes it interesting, so with colour, a bit of humour, and a few pictures so that it isn’t all text.

What’s your favourite shortlist book? What did you vote for?

2 thoughts on “Carey shortlist voting”

1. Hey Cam,

I haven’t read ANY of the shortlisted books yet(which isn’t very good of me), but would love read Make Believe and link it to our Term 4 maths unit. Escher is incredible!

Mr B.

2. Hi Cam,
    I voted for The Happiness Box. I liked it because it talked about people’s lives in war. I also liked Sorry Day because it flipped between past and present. It also had an extendable page where it went from past to present and then to what we hope the future is like. I like how you had a photo of every book instead of just the one you chose.
    From Charlie